Monday, January 26, 2009

The Magic Shin Guard



Well I finally figured out how to add pictures onto my profile. lol. Forgive me. I'm new to this whole blogging stuff. This is my baby Luis Jr. or as my sister has nicknamed him "bubble boy". I like to call this his modeling pic because he has such a serious look on his face. Well as I might have mentioned, Luis got another bleed in his left knee on 1/23/09. Well thank goodness for being able to infuse at home. His hemotologist has called me twice a day since then to check up on Luis. We are currently giving him factor every 4 hours and it seems to have worked great. Today he was moving around a lot more and doesn't seem to be in as much pain. Yea he still drags himself across the floor like a little wounded soldier, but it's a big improvement from what he was a couple of days ago. Oh yea, I should mention what we use when he has a bleed in his leg. One day I was at my mother-in-law's house and his leg was already in pain from a bleed. I was so frustrated because he started to cry with every wrong movement in his leg. I looked around my 12 year old brother-in-law's room and found one of his shin guards from soccer. I grabbed it, put it behind my son's leg, closed the straps and that was it. He was so much more comfortable for the rest of the day. Because it's a shin guard, it curves nicely around his leg and the straps tighten above and below his knee so nothing is touching the swollen part and it keeps his leg straight and unable to bend. I still have that shin guard and have used it ever since for knee bleeds. He's actually using it now. It's been a lifesaver for me and I wanted to share this just in case anyone wanted to try it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment